There’s no denying that fall is officially here. The weather is beginning to cool, leaves are changing and soon they will fall from the limbs. If we aren’t careful, the holidays will be here before we know it. The holidays are an exciting time for men, women and children and while there are a lot of things to look forward to, one of my favorites is watching the holiday fashion arrive. This year, there are several exciting trends for girls. They include the following:
• Printed Jackets – One of the essential accessories during the holidays are jackets. In years past, the norm has been to select a solid colored jacket and while this is still an acceptable fashion trend, this year it’s the “safe” thing to do. Instead of being safe, let your daughter express her fashion style by selecting a printed jacket. Animal print, camouflage and plaid prints are all highly fashionable this year.
• Festive Hats – Another notable 2013 holiday fashion trend for girls are festive hats. It doesn’t really matter what the style of hat as long as it semi-matches the outfit being worn and looks cute. A lot of girls are sporting the classic painters hats in a variety of bold colors.
• Leggings and Skinny Jeans – This holiday season you will probably see a lot of girls wearing printed leggings as well as colored skinny jeans. Both of these trends are great for the holidays because it’s easy to dress up an outfit with leggings or colored skinny jeans!
• Riding Boots – Again, boots are generally a big fashion statement when the holiday season rolls around, but this year the riding boot is making a big splash in the world of fashion. Not just the plain black and brown riding boots, but now bold colored riding boots are starting to take hold of fashionistas everywhere. If riding boots are a favorite accessory for your little one, consider adding a couple colored pairs to her wardrobe this holiday season.
• Socks and Sneakers – Yes, believe it or not the tall socks and sneakers are coming back into style. Many girls are choosing to wear bold socks (mid-calf length) with various prints on them with their sneakers…and no, this fashion trend is not covered up by jeans. Young girls are making their socks the fashion statement as they wear them with skirts and dresses. It may sound a little crazy, but it’s a pretty cute look when it is done up right.
• Scarves – Scarves are another must-have fashion accessory for the 2013 holiday season. Girls and women alike are wearing them with almost everything. Today, scarves come is an abundance of colors, prints and styles, making it easy to find one that can be paired with almost any outfit. The best part, in my opinion, about scarves is that they keep the neck warm and are an inexpensive way to give an old outfit a new look!
• Cowboy Boots – For me, this is one of the most fun fashion trends for the 2013 holidays because I love me some cowboy (or cowgirl) boots! As you know, I’m from Oklahoma so boots are naturally in my blood. However, until recently, they didn’t get worn much by girls/women except those involved in rodeo and other outdoorsy activities. That’s changing! Girls have so many different options for cowboy boots from the toes (pointed or square) to the stitching to the designs directly on the boots. And, cowboy boots are beginning to be worn on the outside of skinny jeans to show off those high tops, as well as, the traditional jeans-over-the-top way.
• Riding Pants – Recently Ralph Lauren had a “Day at the Stables” fashion show to reveal their 2013 holiday collection to interested moms and daughters. One of the resounding fashion trends that I saw the girls wearing were traditional riding pants. Riding pants may not be your little one’s thing, but if she is one who enjoys making a fashion statement, then buy her a few pairs of riding pants to wear with her colored riding boots and she will be the talk of her class!
Just looking at all of the fun 2013 holiday fashion trends for girls, makes me wish I had a little girl of my own. There are just so many fun things to do with all the fashion options available for girls this holiday season. And, while I love my boys to pieces, they just don’t have the selection that girls do. Basically, the way it looks this year, as long as your little one is having fun with the clothes and accessories she chooses to wear this holiday season, being in style isn’t something she will have to worry about. There are a lot of holiday fashion trends for her to rock this year!